Thursday 2 February 2012

Proposal

For this module, apart from the BBC work I am doing, I have decided to concentrate on developing my skills in certain areas of 2D digital animation, mainly the design side.

I am a huge fan of classic horror movies and the poster art for them and after seeing some work by Kevin Dart for The Amazing Adventures of Kid Cole & Klay which has an old B-movie style to it, I have decided to try and create something similar.

I propose to replicate the old B-movie artwork and style with an animated children's series twist. I aim to create backgrounds and fonts, characters and eerie sounds and hopefully culminate all of this together into a grainy horror movie style trailer.

This work will fit in well with my Visual Culture research as I am writing about tastes in Horror film for that.

Here are some examples of Kevin Dart's work:






No comments:

Post a Comment