Sunday 11 March 2012

Current illustrators.

Luke Pearson - Everything We Miss
Patrick McEown - Hairshirt


























I have looked at some illustrators that are very up and coming at the moment. Luke Pearson and Patrick McEown have recently started having their graphic novels published and are both gaining great followings. What I love about Luke's work, is he is quite minimalist with colour, with the dark shadows and highlights making his images instantly more dramatic reflecting the dismal nature of the subject. Patrick's images however, are quite the opposite, he is not careful with his line at all, attacking the page with ferocious line strokes all over. He isn't afraid to warp the characters and imagery and I would love to incorporate some of this into my illustration. I think a nice marriage of the two styles would work wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment